Image source: What Discipline Means
Below, I share a list of 25 inspirational David Goggins quotes that will change your mindset. I first came across David Goggins while listening to The Joe Rogan Experience. About five minutes into the podcast, I was heavily invested in David Goggins. I wanted to learn everything about him and his journey. After I spent hours researching David Goggins and listening to his motivational speeches, I am confident to say that he is the real deal.
Who is David Goggins?
David Goggins is someone who inspires many and encourages people to become the best versions of themselves. As a retired US navy seal, ultramarathon runner, ultra-distance cyclist, motivational speaker, author, and triathlete, he is the definition of a savage. Goggins represents the action of strengthening your mind and doing all of the things that everyone else thinks are impossible.
Furthermore, Goggins admits he used to blame everyone else for the person that he was, without taking any personal accountability. At that moment, he realized that no one was going to come and save him. He knew that he had to face all of the fears that have consumed him and change his life.
Here is a list of 25 Inspirational David Goggins Quotes:
- “Most people who doubt you, doubt you because they can never see themselves doing what you are trying to do.” –David Goggins
- “Comfort zones: If you like being in one too long… that becomes your norm. Get comfortable being uncomfortable.” –David Goggins
- “Most of us fail in life because we are afraid of what everyone around you is thinking.” –David Goggins
- “Everybody wants a quick fix. You may get results, but they won’t be permanent. The permanent results come from you having to suffer.” –David Goggins
- “When you fall down, focus on the solution, not the problem You might quit or fail 100 times. Keep that clear picture of where you want to be.” –David Goggins
- “A warrior is a guy that goes ‘I’m here again today. I’ll be here again tomorrow and the next day.’ It’s a person who puts no limit on what’s possible.” –David Goggins
- “When your mind is telling you that you’re done, that you’re exhausted, that you cannot possibly go any further, you’re only actually 40% done.” –David Goggins
- “Be true to whoever or whatever you are and wear it like a bandage of honor. Fit in with one person and one person only: yourself.” –David Goggins
- “Don’t limit expectations of yourself and settle for anything less than what you are truly capable of achieving.” –David Goggins
- “Teach yourself that it isn’t okay to take the easy way out. Make sure you are bothered by the things you set out to do, but did not complete or make time for in the day.” –David Goggins
- “We have the ability to make very easy things seem impossible. Stop losing the mind game against yourself.” –David Goggins
- “Nobody cares what you did yesterday. What have you done today to better yourself?” –David Goggins
- “Motivation is crap. Motivation comes and goes. When you’re driven, whatever is in front of you will get destroyed.” –David Goggins
- “We all have the ability to come from nothing to something.” –David Goggins
- “Everybody comes to a point in their life when they want to quit. But it’s what you do at that moment that determines who you are.” –David Goggins
- As humans, we’re reading books every day to try to figure out how to be someone else. What we don’t do is go inside, turn ourselves inside out, and read our own story. You have to look inside to find out what you really want.” –David Goggins
- “If you’re not physically and mentally prepared for what life is going to throw at you, then you’re just going to crumble, And then, you’re no good to nobody.” – David Goggins
- “The mind is the most powerful thing in the world. The mind has capabilities that are so unknown, and being able to tap into that is on the other side of suffering.” –David Goggins
- “Self-talk and visualization are the two keys to my success.” –David Goggins
- “From the time you take your first breath, you become eligible to die. You also become eligible to find your greatness and become the one warrior.” –David Goggins
- Life is a battle between trying to find more of yourself knowing that the real you is afraid, likes comfort, likes to be patted on the back, and doing what you need to do to get better.” –David Goggins
- “We are all great. No matter if you think you’re dumb, fat, been bullied, we all have greatness. You gotta find the courage. It’s going to be hard work, discipline, and the non-cognitive skills- hard work, dedication, sacrifice- that will set you apart.” –David Goggins
- “When you’re exhausted, weak, and tired and everyone around you looks just as bad as you or even worse- that’s the perfect time for you to make a statement. You let everyone around you know that when their life ends, that’s when yours begins.” –David Goggins
- Every morning in our lives, we have a choice to make. You have the choice to stay in bed and say ‘forget it, I’m not going to work out today.’ Or ‘ Forget it, I’m not going to work hard today.’ That’s your choice that you make every single day of your life.Make the right decision.” –David Goggins
- “If you want to be one of the few to defy those trends in our ever-softening society, you will have to be willing to go to war with yourself and create a whole new identity, which requires an open mind.” –David Goggins
I hope that you enjoyed reading these David Goggins quotes. If you are ever lacking a sense of direction or need motivation, come back to this post. Remember why you started this journey of changing your mindset and take control of your life!